This is an exciting opportunity to manage a team of 3-4 researchers, conducting strategic qualitative and quantitative research with senior clients, such as Diageo, David Lloyd, Busy Bees and Greene King.
The role would involve advising and mentoring two senior researchers (SRM) and one junior research (RE), guiding them as they run projects, and pushing them to hone their skills and abilities.
You’re ideal for this role if you:
- Have a passion and experience across a number of methodologies, covering both qualitative and quantitative research.
- Have experience conducting market research projects with B2C clients
- Have experience in conducting research in leisure and hospitality setting
- Have experience mentoring and managing a team
- Have excellent organisation & communication skills
Key responsibilities include:
- Advising the team on designing, organising and conducting qualitative and quantitative research projects: including large scale international projects, that get under the skin of consumer motivation from start to finish.
- Sharing your knowledge: Working with junior members to develop their skills, sharing your experience with the wider team and using it to push our research offering.
- Supervising the running of projects and ensuring quality control of our output including:
- Discussion guide ‘brain storm’ sessions to help identify key topics
- Reviewing discussion guides
- Guiding and reviewing questionnaires
- Helping shape and hone methodologies for proposals
- Reviewing debriefs
- Story Telling: Using your analytical skills to push the team to tell better stories with data, and ensuring the research output is strategic and actionable.
- The opportunity to work across a variety of leisure and hospitality sectors, working with exciting, successful and world-famous brands
- A great and thorough insight into the world of brands and customer experience
- Exposure to very senior clients of highly successful organisations
- The opportunity to contribute towards the growth of the company and its direction.
- To work with a friendly, passionate and driven team
- A salary of up to £75k p/a
- 22 days holiday + your birthday + 3 days between Christmas and New Year – 26 in total
- Your own benefit allowance of £1,200 per year to spend on anything you like
- A training budget of £100 per year
- Great parental leave policies
- 5% employer pension contributions
- Flexible and remote working options
- Regular social events
The team are based in Manchester City Centre although do work on a hybrid model. We are open to remote working, but travel into the office at least once a fortnight would be preferable.
The standard hours will be 9.00am – 5:30pm however we work on a flexible basis valuing output and performance over the time spent at your desk!
Definition is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information, or parental status.
If this role sounds right for you, then please get in touch. To apply simply send your CV and cover letter to Kate.Eggleshaw@thisisdefinition.com.